Sunday, November 22, 2009


When I was a kid my brother did a science project on fossil fuel. My Dad did a lot to help my brother make a good project. It was a very good depiction of the way fossil fuel is accumulated. It had a few small T-rex cut-outs that represented the ancient organic material that becomes oil over time.

Then when I was 17 I had to put my car in the shop. When I was riding the bus home, I felt like I had brought my car to the doctor. That personification of my dear ol' hoopty lead to a train of thought about the the life-like quality of cars. When you turn them off, they sleep. When you turn the key they wake up. They have an engine that beats like a heart. They inhale oxygen and exhale carbon-monoxide. Cars have the equivalent of arms, legs, bones and skin, and headlights are in a strange way perfectly opposite to eyes. You're the brain and the steering wheel and gas pedal are the nervous system. And They eat gasonline, which is the life juice of cars.

What is gasoline or the oil that it comes from? How does a liquid hold so much fire? Why can that liquid bring a car to life? What is oil for?

Oil is liquid life. It is light. It is light captured by the earth through the photosynthesis of green leafy earthlings. Life forms hold liquid light as fat until we die at which time we relinquish it to planet. The Earth is accumulating light in the form of oil.

I told you the Truth. Oil is one of the main things that transforms when you know the Truth.

Gathering light for our home is purpose of all life on Earth.

No comments: